Want to learn to sing, or play a musical instrument, like piano, drums, violin, viola, cello, or guitar? We have lessons for kids and adults! No matter your age, we have the best music lessons in the Cypress / Houston area!
We even have mom & me, parent & child, music classes for babies, toddlers and preschoolers! The first five years of your child's life are the most formative years. Kindermusik classes help your child develop skills in language & literacy, movement & physical coordination, music & listening, social & emotional abilities, and cognitive growth.
Or maybe your child or teen wants to explore acting, public speaking, theater and the stage! Join our Drama Kids or DKI Acting Academy!
Love to create art? Or want to give it a try? Learn to draw, paint, sculpt and more. Our art classes are guaranteed to help you express yourself!
Since 1995, Cy-Fair Music and Arts has helped over 7000 students begin and continue on their journey in music, art, and drama.
We are the largest Music-Art-Drama school in Houston with an active enrollment of over 800 students. Students who live in Houston, Cypress, Spring, Klein, Tomball and Katy take lessons and classes with us. We offer lessons for ages birth to adult.
While you are here researching the best school for you, please consider the benefits of becoming a Cy-Fair Music and Arts student and find out why we are the area’s number one choice for music, art, and drama lessons.
Benefits of becoming a student at Cy-Fair Music and Arts:
1. Lessons near me in Piano, Guitar, Drums, Violin, Viola, Cello, Voice, Singing, Art, Drama Kids, DKI Acting Academy, and Kindermusik early childhood music – ALL IN ONE LOCATION - saves you time and money!
2. The largest and most highly qualified teaching faculty in Northwest Houston, Cy-Fair & Cypress area, all background-checked. We have over 30 teachers with university degrees or equivalent professional experience in the area they teach. Our music teachers are dedicated to learning about your personal musical goals and helping you to achieve them. All piano teachers are members of Music Teachers National Association, Texas Music Teachers Association, and NW Houston Music Teachers Association, which gives our piano students the option to participate in festivals, state theory exams, play in ensemble at the state convention, and much more! Our vocal teachers are members of Texas Music Educator's Association.
3. A proven track record of excellence since 1995. Every year, aspiring teachers start their own studio, and a year or two later it’s closed. Cy-Fair Music and Arts has a proven track record of offering quality music lessons, art classes and drama classes year round for students in Cypress, Houston, Spring, Tomball and Katy. Our full time mission is teaching quality music, art and drama classes trusted by over 6000 families for over twenty years.
4. No long-term contracts! Although most of our students stay four or five years or longer, we do not require semester minimums or yearly commitments. Our desire is to inspire our student. You can begin anytime and continue indefinitely. Should you need to stop lessons you simply fill out a withdrawal form at the front desk on the first of the month and finish out that month in a positive way with your teacher. We want you at our school because you like your classes, not because you've signed a contract.
5. Comfortable waiting room, large observation windows, and plenty of parking spaces. Our 5700 square foot building has a spacious and parent-friendly waiting room with nice padded chairs, free wifi, and books and magazines. Large observation windows on every door allow you to watch your child's lesson. We have lots of parking spaces for your convenience.
6. Free Music Recitals, Art Shows, and Drama Kids Performances! Every parent just wants to know how their child is doing and if they are really progressing. The best way for a parent to understand if their investment in lessons is really worth it, is to have their child participate in a recital, art show, or drama performance. Unlike many schools in Houston and Cypress, we do not charge recital participation or admission fees.
Our Drama Kids Spring Performances are held in a public venue with lights, background, props and costumes.
Twice a year we host Art Shows, where each student displays 3-4 pieces they created that semester. Art shows are open to the public.
7. Professional office staff six days a week to serve you. We are the only music-art-drama school in northwest Houston that offers full time professional customer service for their clients Monday through Friday from 9am-8pm, and Saturday from 9am-2:30pm.
Many studio front-desks are staffed by the teacher/owner or more commonly an answering machine. We have an office manager and a team of front desk staff who are available to assist our clients quickly and professionally. Being responsive to you, our clients, is our #1 priority.
8. Trophies, certificates and award wristbands to celebrate achievement. We are the only music school in northwest Houston/Cypress that gives their students the opportunity to earn special color wristband bracelets (kids and teens love them!), trophies AND certificates for passing musical tests. Do other schools offer incentives? A few. But none of them inspire their students with smiling faces by giving them really cool “Musical Ladder” wristbands that they can show off to their friends. The Musical Ladder is an unique method of student lesson engagement and progress that provides great motivation for goal attainment! More importantly when our students have a test coming up, they practice more, their parents are proud, their teachers are proud, and everybody wins. We are the only school in the CyFair area with the Musical Ladder system. We also specialize in music lessons for adults.
Earn cool wristbands and trophies by achieving musical goals!
Our Drama Kids and DKI Acting Academy students also have the opportunity to earn medals and trophies as they progress year to year in our program.
9. Makeup classes! Missed a lesson? Out of town? For our music students, we offer 60-minute Makeup Classes every 4-8 weeks. Art, drama, and Kindermusik students may call the office to schedule a makeup in another class.
10. Top quality instruments in music lesson rooms. Our private lesson piano studios are all equipped with highest quality Yamaha or Kawai upright acoustic pianos, which are tuned and maintained twice per year. Drum students have their lessons on a full drum kit.
11. Convenient Locations! Cy-Fair Music and Arts, located at 7103 Glen Chase Ct, Houston, TX 77095 offers music lessons, art classes, and drama classes. We are easy to find, just 1 block from the intersection of Hwy 6 and FM 529. With our easy-to-get-to location, we draw students from Copperfield, Bear Creek, Cypress, Houston and Katy. Within a few blocks you can shop at Best Buy, Ulta, Barnes and Noble, Office Depot, Petsmart, Target, Sprouts and more.
12. Festivals, Ensemble, Theory exams, Master Classes, Competitions and more for Piano Students. All piano students are eligible to become a student member of Texas Music Teacher’s Association and participate in extracurricular music events such as festivals, ensembles that perform at the TMTA State Convention, master classes, competitions, composition contest, publication contest, and more.
13. We stock music books, metronomes, shoulder rests and other supplies onsite. This means that students get the books they need on the day of their lesson. No more running all over town trying to find the right books.