If you are a professional musician or visual artist skilled in teaching students of all ages--both online and face to face--we encourage you to submit a job application (CV and Cover Letter) by filling out the form on this page. But before you proceed, let us tell you a little more about what we are looking for in a candidate to help you decide whether or not we are a good fit.
You have the professional qualifications necessary to perform your role at a high level. These typically include a degree in the arts or equivalent professional expertise.
This quote by Rabindranath Tagore, famous Indian poet, musician, and artist, captures one of our core educational beliefs: we don't use a cookie-cutter approach to teaching, but customize our teaching approach to the learning style of each individual student. Related to that, our administrative staff matches students with teachers who are a good fit based on their strengths and personality traits.
As a member of our faculty and administrative staff, you will enjoy a number of important benefits:
W2 Employment: All regularly teaching instructors are W2 employees on biweekly payroll.
Compensation: CFMA offers competitive hourly rates commensurate with professional experience.
You are paid even when scheduled students don't show up!
Paid Sick Leave: you qualify for up to 40 hours of Paid Sick Leave per year to take care of your own health issues and those of your loved ones.
We provide the full range of faculty and student support services:
Excellent working environment: you will teach in a state-of-the-art performing arts facility comprising 19 spacious classrooms, including a Performance Hall
Professional networking opportunities: become a member of a dynamic and ambitious team of professional musicians, artists, and educators who have joined forces to offer an outstanding education
CY-FAIR MUSIC & ARTS, northwest Houston's premiere music and art school, is seeking experienced ART instructors to teach classes online and in person.
Our classes are for ages 4-5, 6-8, and 9-12.
Teachers are responsible for developing lesson plans for each class, to correspond with our monthly art curriculum outline.
We are looking for a teacher(s) who...
*Is a team player who can work with our administrative staff and other instructors.
* Verifiable previous teaching experience is a plus.
* Must pass background check.
* Teach private lessons to students from beginners through adult.
* Prepare your students for performances and recitals
* Piano teachers prepare students for festivals, TMTA Theory exam, local piano contests, etc.
Piano teachers will teach on a quality Yamaha or Kawai acoustic studio pianos.
* Available one or more weekday afternoon/evenings, and/or Saturdays.
* Have a music degree in piano, or be about to complete your degree.
* Friendly upbeat personality. Be able to relate to parents and inspire students of all ages.
* Creative and engaging to motivate students to LOVE their lessons.
* Extremely reliable, always punctual, organized, articulate.
*A team player who can work with our administrative staff and other instructors.
* Piano teachers must be willing to become a member of Music Teachers National Assoc, Texas Music Teachers Assoc, and Northwest Houston Music Teachers Assoc.
* Previous verifiable teaching experience is a plus.
* Can pass background check.